The difference between cells

M0NAC0

I apologize for the vague title. I couldn't think of what to call my issue. LOL

Anyways, what I am trying to do is take the total hours for the project (lower blue cell) and distribute the "total # workers" (yellow cells) so that it EXACTLY matches up (to the decimal) to the upper blue cell. Now, before you loose your mind, I understand that you cant have 7.30259 people on the job but this needs to come out like this for estimations sake. Back on track, I need to have no more than 4 workers on week 1 of the project, the highest numbers of workers on weeks 3&4 and then winding down to no more than 3 workers the last week of the project.

Bonus Question: The projects range from 5 weeks to 7 weeks depending on the scope. So, I have a cell where I label the number of weeks for the project (which I use for hotel/perdiem calculations) but it would be really really nice if I could enter the number of weeks and it affected the above formula accordingly.

I will admit, its not hard to manually just add the numbers in there and mess with the decimal # to get it to work out. However, like everything else Excel, why do it if it can do it for you.

Have at it guys, I really appreciate it!!!

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kon123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back