Time based formula

kiran2512

Hi, Can any one help me with a formula that enables excel to copy a value in a cell at a particular time of the day.

for example: A1 is having value which it gets from an external web source and is being refreshed every minute. i want the value in A1 at 10:00 AM every day to be automatically copied to A1 in another sheet of the same file. Is this possible. Please provide me with the code for this type of function if any one has it...

I am able to get the values in the required cells at the time given in the Code...I have a requirement of getting values at two different times of the day to different cells.

As i am getting values of E1 and F1 of sheet 5 to the next empty cells in columns I and J in sheet 2 at 9:45:00 every day, i require values of D1, E1, F1, G1 of Sheet 5 to next empty cells of columns B, C, D, E of Sheet2 at 16:00:00 every day. How do i modify the above code to get the desired result...Plz Help...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
I am able to get the values in the required cells at the time given in the Code...I have a requirement of getting values at two different times of the day to different cells.

As i am getting values of E1 and F1 of sheet 5 to the next empty cells in columns I and J in sheet 2 at 9:45:00 every day, i require values of D1, E1, F1, G1 of Sheet 5 to next empty cells of columns B, C, D, E of Sheet2 at 16:00:00 every day. How do i modify the above code to get the desired result...Plz Help...

Private Sub:
Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Application.OnTime TimeValue("09:45:00"), "CopytoNewSheet"
    Application.OnTime TimeValue("16:00:00"), "CopytoNewSheet"
End Sub

Module Sub:
Code:
Sub CopytoNewSheet()
If Hour(Now) = 9 And Minute(Now) = 45 Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Worksheets("Sheet5").Range("E1").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(Worksheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count, "I").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Worksheets("Sheet5").Range("F1").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(Worksheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count, "J").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Application.EnableEvents = True
ElseIf Hour(Now) = 16 And Minute(Now) = 0 Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Worksheets("Sheet5").Range("D1").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(Worksheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Worksheets("Sheet5").Range("E1").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(Worksheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Worksheets("Sheet5").Range("F1").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(Worksheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Worksheets("Sheet5").Range("G1").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(Worksheets("Sheet2").Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back