Time clock buttons.

SidShoBob

I have made a sheet with a dropdown list of my employees names, as well as another sheet with the names, and columns with dates, and in, lunch out, lunch in and out columns within the date ones, I am trying to figure out how to have it so when they select their name in the dropdown box and click the corresponding button( I made the same buttons as the 4 columns) it will put the time in the correct spot. can someone please help me?

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
If you want users to select their name from a Data Validation list and then have the current time entered into a certain column I suggest you do this.
Put a Data Validation list in columns A and B in both of these list are all the employees names

When they click on their name in column (A) a current time will be entered in the Out column and when they click on there name in column (B) current time will be entered in In column

You would need no command buttons.

I would just need to know which column is which

I need to know like Column (C) is In column and Column "D" is Out column and column "E" is date column

We always need specific details

Trying to put a button in each row for each person is not a good way to do this

It means creating a lot of buttons and code for these buttons

Upvote 0
I have 6 employees. the only sheet I want visible is the one with the drop down boxes.
each employee has a hidden time sheet with date in column A, IN in B, LUNCH OUT in C, LUNCH IN in D and OUT in E. this accounts for clocking in and out as well as lunch breaks.
The formulas for figuring the hours worked is the easy part. is the layout I have going to work?

Upvote 0
Not sure what your saying. Did you want to try my plan or not.
If the Master sheet has all the names in column "A" is the name in column "A" the same as the sheet name for the employee.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back