Transfer bespoke data to different workbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

john1000

Hi there,

I'm trying to transfer data between 2x workbooks. I need to take the highlighted data from the below workbook (currently
split between different 'agent' tabs) and consolidate that data into a second workbook where it is then split down further
depending on what type of policy an agent has sold (ie. in workbook 1 all policies are in 1 column, however in workbook
2 they need to split into different columns depending on whether they start with AB, CD or EF).

539539d1506226553-transfer-bespoke-data-to-different-workbooks-screen-shot-2017-09-24-at-05.07.15.png

In workbook 2 you can see an example of how the new data needs to be presented.

539540d1506226708-transfer-bespoke-data-to-different-workbooks-screen-shot-2017-09-24-at-05.07.24.png

I also need to find out if it's possible to make it so that if an agent updates workbook 1, workbook 2 will automatically update
itself as well without me having to do it manually?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.​
<fieldset class="postcontent" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 5px 10px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; background-image: none; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-radius: 5px;"></fieldset>

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweetkt327

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back