Transfer Data from Excel to iSeries

jonam25

Hi All,

I want to export data from Excel 2007 worksheet to i Series.

Can I build an ODBC connection? Is there an option for creating a macro which will FTP data to iSeries server? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Sorry if I sound ignorant but what is i Series?
Is that Oracle, as in 9i etc?

If that's the case you can use a few approaches. For one-off imports you can use Toad to import spreadsheets. It's similar to the import wizards for other databases. If you will be doing it regularly you can run ADO code from Excel and push the data to Oracle.

Denis

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Denis..

ISeries is AS400 which has DB2/400 database. As I need to do it regularly, I would like to use ADO connection.

I would appreciate if there is any code available for the same.

Upvote 0
A couple of years ago the company for which I work took on an application that runs on an iSeries mid-range system and I wanted to create a Data Warehouse that could use that data. (A brief description of my Data Warehouse can be seen in post #6 at http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504537)

I only needed 'read' access for linking to Microsoft Access/Excel so do not have any experience of transferring data to the iSeries.

I could only find one book to help me but I did consider the price to be rather high. It contains some VBA but the book was very useful and informative. The book details (and a 'look inside' option - you will be able to see the Table of Contents and Index) can be seen at:
http://www.amazon.com/i5-Microsoft-...0573/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1319845208&sr=8-3

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sousanna Aristiadou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back