Transferring corresponding cell formula when sorting one column by order A to Z?

mrsbee

I have a spreadsheet with ten sheets. Each sheet isdedicated to specific client expenses (rent, postage, copies, faxes, etc.). Whena value is entered on one of these sheets for a client, the formula (for thatcell) is set up to transfer the data to the corresponding client on the firstsheet (Totals).
I’ve been tasked to alphabetize each sheet according to theclient names (Column A). The sort function works great for the names, but notthe data (the formula remains with the specified cell).
Is there any way to sort the Column A on each sheet (byorder A to Z) and transferring its corresponding formula at the same time?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Example: I am using the formula "=+Rent!D6" forCompany M to transfer all data on all the other sheets from Column D, Row 6.But now that Company M has been alphabetized/sorted, it is now on Row 10--thedata won't transfer because the formula is still telling the data to go to Row6.
I could do it manually, but there are 15 columns and 119clients. =|

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back