Transform Rows to columns

Myura

Hi!
Please help me with my thesis research. I have downloaded huge data set to analyse.
For the first step, I want to transform the data. I want dates to be in the rows, and company names to be in the columns.
Currently it is like this;

Name Date Price
Company A 15/05/2015 3.5
Company A 16/05/2015 4.5
Company B 15/05/2015 3.5
Company B 16/05/2015 4.5

Mush appreciated for your help

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Like in the regular pivot table, put the date field in columns, companies in rows, price in values.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply. But unfortunately I'm new to power BI. I just learned to upload the csv file. Could you please guide me with steps to achieve it. It would be much appreciated.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much. I was helpless until I found this Forum. And you are a star sheetspread.

Upvote 0
I think the short cut keys for PT are ALT+D, P

Upvote 0
I tried that short cut in the PowerBI desktop, and it is not working. I tried as the video shows in Excel, but my data is too large, so it cannot transform all rows to columns. Thats why I thought Power BI could be a solution for this.

Upvote 0
I could not find the button for power pivot in Power BI.

It should be in the powerpivot ribbon, are you seeing that above? If not, you can set it through the file menu. I've only tried the shortcut that Drrellik posted with regular pivot tables, but see if it works (Alt-D-P).

Upvote 0
I tried that short cut in the PowerBI desktop, and it is not working. I tried as the video shows in Excel, but my data is too large, so it cannot transform all rows to columns. Thats why I thought Power BI could be a solution for this.

How many rows is your data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back