Translate Index Match formula to VBA

Mikeymike_W

Board Regular
Hi All,

I have a formula which i want to remove from my sheet and place in a userform so it is only active when a command button is pressed.

The formula is:

=IFERROR(IF((INDEX(FIPCDNumber1,MATCH(PID,PIDFIP2,0)))=0,"",(INDEX(FIPCDNumber1,MATCH(PID,PIDFIP2,0)))),"")

Big thanks for any help you can provide

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Mike,

Are you asking for the macro to add that formula to a cell on command or do you just need the result? And if just the result, do you want the result in a cell or just a message box?

Jeff

Upvote 0
Hi Jeff,

I just need the result when the command button is clicked and then for that result to appear in a text box which will also be on the same user form.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Upvote 0
Ok, help me out here. I'm evaluating the formula on my end. I created named ranges like you. This formula seems to be missing the column reference:
=INDEX(FIPCDNumber1,MATCH(PID,PIDFIP2,0),[column])
Otherwise it returns an error. Since PID is the match value you are searching, you need a column number for it to return a value in your table.

Upvote 0
Hi Jeff,

=IFERROR(IF((INDEX(FIPCDNumber1,MATCH(PID,PIDFIP2,0)))=0,"",(INDEX(FIPCDNumber1,MATCH(PID,PIDFIP2,0)))),"")

PID=cell within the form the contents of which I want to find in another workbook

PIDFIP2='FIP.xlsm'!DATATable[PID] This is were i want the formula to refernce and match against "PID"

FIPCDNumber1='FIP.xlsm'!DATATable[CD Number] once matched This is the value i want to be generated and populated in my user form

Hope this is what you needed,

Thanks for your help,

Upvote 0
Still churning...

You currently have a formula in the active workbook that is looking for a value in a table on another workbook you call FIP.xlsm on a sheet called DATATABLE in a named ranged called PIDFIP2?

The active workbook name is? (just for reference)

The Form will be located in the Active workbook or the FIP workbook?

I need you to do me a favor because I want this to work for you. Put this formula in a cell somewhere on your active workbook and tell what result you get. Do you ever get a value you are expecting?
=INDEX(FIPCDNumber1,MATCH(PID,PIDFIP2,0))

Jeff

Upvote 0
Hi Jeff,

The formula you provided definitley works and gives me the value i want when entered into a cell in the workbook.

the active workbook name is CRF.

The Userform will be located in the Active workbook.

Really appreciate your help,

Mike

Upvote 0
The formula you provided definitely works and gives me the value i want when entered into a cell in the workbook.
Ok, I'm confused. I've created two workbooks (FIP and CRF). I created named ranges in CRF that reference the data on FIP called FIPCDNumber1 and PIDFIP2. My formula gives me an error. So can you provide a sample of the lookup table FIPCDNumber1 and tell me what part of that is PIDFIP2.

Sorry for being a little dense on this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomvula

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back