Tricky Printing and Print Areas

ClimoC

I have been stumped with this, mainly because of the slightly annoyingly tight requirements :s

Essentially what I'm trying to do is combine PrintTitleRows, PrintTitleColumns, Custom Print areas, and Scale to fit page.

PrintTitleRows needs to stay at 86:91
PrintTitleColumns needs to stay as A:A

The Custom print areas I will set by measuring the varying table sizes for the number of pixels they will take up, and then picking a suitable compromise for each sheet. (To briefly explain why I'm doing it this way - I have 7 tables/grids like calendars, Monday to Sunday, with dates running on the x axis. I roughly want between 2 and 4 'weekday' tables/grids per page - depending on the height of each table)

800-1000 pixels per page seems to be a good size (so will reverse-find the number of rows this would be in each instance), and 16 columns seems to be a good width (all the standard pixel width)

An alternative I have considered was to figure out the ranges to select (that's not the hard part), and then save the selection as a pdf... but that has two problems. - 1) Any white space around the range stays as part of the pdf 'image', and I can't keep the titlerows and titlecolumns

Anyone have any suggestions? (vba'ing here In should add) No matter how fidgety or hashed?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back