Trying to build an ARRAY formula with OR conditions that returns result based on a range of numbers

nbalak

So I've got this far:
{=IFERROR(INDEX($B$9:$B$496,SMALL(IF($C$9:$C$496>G$507, +IF($C$9:$C$496<g$508,row($b$9:$b$496)-row($b$9)+1)),rows($b$9:$b9))),"")}

We are dealing with a list of Standing Order payments from customers. Each has a different day of the month. I need a way of finding which customers fall into a relevant week.

If you imagine that column B holds names
Column holds C holds the day number

For each week of the year I have the lowest day number in G507 and the highest day number in G508.
So for example if G507 = 7 and G508 = 15 it will return a list of all clients whose standing order day falls within the days numbered 8 - 14.

The above works EXCEPT when it comes to cross overs. So where the week starts on day 30 and ends on day 6...

Any suggestions?</g$508,row($b$9:$b$496)-row($b$9)+1)),rows($b$9:$b9))),"")}

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
have you tried =Weeknum( date cell), that provides a consistency within the year. It will show up to 53 weeks at times but that is I believe ISO standard compliant

also if you repost your formula, you need to put spaces either side of < to allow it to display (the board thinks its an HTML instruction)

Upvote 0
no I hadn't thought of that...

How would I insert that into the array formula? Do I also need to change the way I record the day numbers in column C? Currently they are just the day number..

Upvote 0
Also it looks like I didnt post the whole formula on my last post...

=IFERROR(INDEX($B$9:$B$496,SMALL(IF($C$9:$C$496>G$507, +IF($C$9:$C$496 < G$508,ROW($B$9:$B$496)-ROW($B$9)+1)),ROWS($B$9:$B9))),"")

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back