Trying to make an equation and an "IF" logic test only occur after a date, help

jako69

" http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35d5nas&s=5 "*Image of print screen of my situation

Hi i am trying to create a dynamic personal accounts table in which to account for all of my inflows and out flows on my from my bank account, at the bottom i have created a simple balance checker which checks to see if my closing balance (row 43) for that month is equal to the total of my manual entered amounts in my 2 accounts (row 48) if equal the cell for the corresponding month will show Balanced, in not NOT balanced.

How ever as i have the formula/Logic Test For all months, All the relevant cells for future months regarding Opening Balance, Closing Balance and Balance Check are all being worked incorrectly as the date (inflows and out flows) haven't been entered yet (As its in the future and not everything can be predicted)

I was looking for a way to set everything up so those cells show up as "Future" If it is actually in the Future but precedes to work out the logic test/Formula if in the Past.

*By "future" i mean prior to the last day of the month in question.

*I have tried set up some values that show the last day on the month in question directly underneath the Month label as well as the current date (row 3). I cant however convert the dates into practical values that i can use for logic tests .

*I doubt that this is at all relevant but i got the figure in cell "C13" (April, Account Starting Point) using Goal Seek

Additional help!!

1. I would like to know how set up my Balance checker cells to be red if Unbalanced, Green if balance's and white/clear if Future

2.Under Regular cash inflows and regular cash out flows, some of the things are paid weekly on a given day, for example "Mum General Support"(£20) is transferred every Monday, is there a way to be able to times a figure, in this case £20 by the amount of a set day in that month dynamically, i understand i may need to reconstruct/make space for some stuff. Any ideas?

Any Help at all is appreciated, I am New to excel and Mr Excel.com, Please forgive me if i have said anything stupid while trying to avoid coming of as a complete novice. oh and my lack of full stops
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayo4dgacorbanget

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back