Trying to tie two tables together

Waffly

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,
I currently have a table of data containing customer orders; dates, names, stock quantities, customer order quantities, an IFELSE statement that shows whether an order is complete or not, etc.
I have a Power Query set up that pulls the data from this table, and IF all of the orders for any given customer are in stock, then the query will take these and create a new table with just those rows.

I want to be able to work from either the original data table or the new one create via my query, and have the other table be updated too.
However at the moment, I am working from within this new table and when I complete a customer order, I delete the row(s) completely, but the original table does not change.

If I change the data/delete a row from my original table, the new query table is update via refresh; but if I delete a row from the new table, I want it to be removed from the original.
The connection is currently only one-way and I want it to go both ways.

Is this possible to set up?

(I have not included any examples at this time as the populated data is confidential. However, if that would be beneficial to anyone trying to help me, then please let me know what you need and I will create a dummy table with example data.)

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi all,
I currently have a table of data containing customer orders; dates, names, stock quantities, customer order quantities, an IFELSE statement that shows whether an order is complete or not, etc.
I have a Power Query set up that pulls the data from this table, and IF all of the orders for any given customer are in stock, then the query will take these and create a new table with just those rows.

I want to be able to work from either the original data table or the new one create via my query, and have the other table be updated too.
However at the moment, I am working from within this new table and when I complete a customer order, I delete the row(s) completely, but the original table does not change.

If I change the data/delete a row from my original table, the new query table is update via refresh; but if I delete a row from the new table, I want it to be removed from the original.
The connection is currently only one-way and I want it to go both ways.

Is this possible to set up?

(I have not included any examples at this time as the populated data is confidential. However, if that would be beneficial to anyone trying to help me, then please let me know what you need and I will create a dummy table with example data.)
Why don't you just have one table with all of the data in it and just use filters to view and work on the data that you need at any one time?

Can you use XL2BB to post a good representation of the data that would be contained in the table?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back