Two Posts in One: Custom Formatted Text & Extraction of Formulas

MrDB4Excel

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Earlier this year I was able to create a custom number format such that whenever I typed, for example, three pairs of numbers altogether: 112233 or 095543 or whatever, any combination then the outcome would always be, using the above two examples: 11:22:33 or 09:55:43 which was to signify hh:mm:ss.

My Excel files, of which there are many in several folders, are too many to remember where I did this custom format.

So my two-fold question here today is does anyone know how to do this in custom number formatting & is there a method to extract or copy out to a separate file all formulas used and keep it separate to specifically named files? Perhaps this is done one file at a time. Why you may ask? After 30+ years of using excel, I have accumulated a large number of formulas and functions to do what is needed per a file’s requirements. I am constantly searching my files for formulas I know I have made but can’t remember where they are located.

Only recently have I begun to try and do a better job of recording these formulas and only today started a new workbook to do so. Obviously, many of these formulas are very simple like sum, and others are similar in simplicity. I am after the ones that are considerably intense and that do very specific things, not in the category of mundane everyday type formulas.

Any help with either part of this two-fold question would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Your custom format code would be:

00\:00\:00

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back