Unable to aggregate numeric or currency fields

Madraykin

Board Regular
Hi All,

I have a large spreadsheet and am just learning Power View and PowerPivot - I have a load of numeric and currency fields in my spreadsheet, but only one (the unique identifier) is coming up with the sigma sign next to it meaning that I can aggregate the data.

I want to be able to average some of the other currency fields for example but can't work out why Power View isn't seeing them as aggregateable (if that is a word :))

Any help greatly appreciated

Madraykin

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

akice

Board Regular
You first need to check the column data types in power pivot. Make sure are Decimal Type or Whole number.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellakim00

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...