Urgent Active Directory Report Help

osirian

Hi all

I am very new to Power BI and I have been asked to put together a way of reporting that the company can use to solve a variety of problems. I have power BI available to me and with the AD integration, I think it will be the perfect tool. I have already put together some dashboards but i am stuck on the approach for the remaining ones.

Here is exactly what I am trying to achieve for my project. I have to do an audit of the old objects in AD by location and generate a dashboard the owners can interact with. I have a little bit of knowledge on doing this but I need some guidance.

The field DistinguishedName contains the OU that indicates the location in one table. Please note that there is hundreds of thousands of entries in these tables.

NameDistinguishedNameLastLogonDate
LONSERVER1CN=LONSERVER1,OU=Servers,OU=LON,OU=EMEA,DC=domain,DC=company,DC=com17/09/2017

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

I want to create a query (by merge I think) on this table that does a lookup on the DistinguishedName matches the OU=LON entry and then match each row to another table that has the following.

RegionCountryCityCode
EMEAUKLondonLON

<tbody>
</tbody>

Tables that I need to create from this are:

ServernameLocationCountryRegion
LONSERVER1LondonUKEMEA

<tbody>
</tbody>

With another table that counts the entries:

Server Count
EMEA50
Uk20
London3

<tbody>
</tbody>

And a final table that looks at the LastLogonDate that is older than 1st Jan 2013.

NameLastLogonDate
Server217/09/2001

<tbody>
</tbody>

That is all of the problems I have to solve to create my entire project. From these scenarios I can then do all of my other requests I have :) Really excited to learn PowerBI, I have done so much trawling through forums and can't seem to find the right approach., but I'm also a complete noob and Trial and error isn't going as well as expected.

Thank you so much for any help of guidence you can provide.

DJJ2

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back