[Urgent] Matching two pieces of info in a spreadsheet and compile them into one table

dotchin

Hello,

I was given an assignment and I really appreciate if someone can help me to create the VBA code for it.

Basically the problem I have is as shown in Figure 1, and the outcome I need to obtain is in Figure 2:

Capture.JPG

Explanation:
1) The fruits should match their corresponding boxes in Figure 1 table as shown in the example of the green highlight.
2) The cross from the fruit's side should match with the cross from the box's side to determine which box should the fruit be in.
3) Some crosses on one side do not have corresponding crosses on the other side as shown in orange highlighted example. Such redundant 'floating' crosses can happen in both fruit's side and box's side. Such cases should be ignored for tabulation in Figure 2 table.
4) Some crosses depict duplicated information. For example, the information of Box 4 in watermelon appeared twice in Figure 1 but the Figure 2 table on watermelon should only show one 'Box 4' .
5) Thereafter, a table of fruits with corresponding boxes must be created by VBA on a new Excel sheet as shown in Figure 2.
6) The table of Figure 2 should not show duplicated entries of boxes and sort the boxes starting from the smallest number.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thank you even if you are just viewing this thread and I wish you a happy festive season and a good 2015 ahead :)

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
this reply is not going to help with the problem but may help you get future help

at first i was not going to even read your post because anyone that comes to an unpaid forum and marks all their posts as "urgent"

is unlikely to understand how this type of forum works .. it works because we all enjoy being here and want to help

it is not a job we are not responding to a service desk call ..

many of the contributors here have a skill level that we could not even afford to ask the time let alone a question

sorry not getting at you personally was just your second post marked URGENT

the comment is offered genuinely to help you not just get ignored by the great peeps here

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back