Use cell references using sum(sumifs) with array

dcbanks

I have the following formula:
=SUM(SUMIFS(TSB!$I$5:$I$91,TSB!$J$5:$J$91,{"MA","MI","EQ"},TSB!$U$5:TSB!$U$91,"=MAR"))
It works perfectly.
MA, MI and EQ are Cost Codes, there could be up to 6. MAR is the Department. There are over 50 rows, each a unique combination of Cost Codes and Departments.
I want to put the Cost Code values into Z1 - Z6 and the Department into Z7. There will be at least one Cost Code 99% of the time but never more than 6. Therefore there could be blanks. There will always only be a single Department.
Question 1: What is the exact syntax for referencing a cell in the array? I get confused about "&" and where my quotes go.
Question 2: Occasionally a Cost Code might not have been allocated. As I have it at the moment (hard-coded) it will never pick up these blanks. As it is highly likely that there will blank cells in Z2-Z6 returned, will it pick up the blanks in J5-J91?

Thanks, David (a newbie here and rapidly approaching age '3 score and 10').

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(TSB!$I$5:$I$91,$Z$1:$Z$6,TSB!$U$5:TSB!$U$91,$Z7))

Thanks Aladin, worked perfectly. However, it gave an 'argument' error to begin with, an argument was left out, here is the amended version in case someone else has the same question:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(TSB!$I$5:$I$91,TSB!$J$5:$J$91,Data!$J$2:$O$2,TSB!$U$5:$U$91,Data!$P$2))

David

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smiqer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back