Use predefined formatting for automatically created smart art

kordnas

Hello!

I am using Office 2010 and want to auto create some smart art. Basically stuffing a few nodes in there, setting it to a certain size and apply a certain formatting. As formatting through vba is tedious and, as I got the impression, doesn't even support the full formatting set, I had the following idea.

I want to pre create the smart art in full formatting through the interface and at time of execution make a copy of it (got that working fine already) and then just put the additional nodes in there. The problem seems to be though that the new node is then not formatted the same way as the one already in there, but according to the current setting.

Does anyone have a suggestion to achieve what I am trying to do? A way to copy all formatting from one node to the other? To copy a node within a smart art? To transfer a node from one smart art to the other? To set the current application formatting to that of a certain node/smart art?

What I'd like to avoid is to have to go through all formatting options manually and transfer them. And I think the vba access for smart art doesn't even support all formatting, yet

Thank you!
Sandro

P.S. Disclaimer: I started the whole endeavor in Excel, but am now using PowerPoint, as only there have I found a solution to export the smart art almost in a pixel precise way. Excel always added some kind of white border around it, which had to be cut off, but was too unpredictable for that. I am controlling PowerPoint through Excel vba though ;)

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back