Use previous quota, then borrow if it is needed

powerbi_newb

Good day,

This is the spreadsheet link: CLICK HERE

I am currently looking for a formula and the formula that I am looking for goes something like this.

Each member has a set of quota per month. The quota is a fix value, and will never be changed. A member will use his previous month quota prior to the current month. And if both previous month and current month quota is not enough, then it will now borrow from the next month quota.

A logical example, and in numerals. I will be using the data available on the spreadsheet.

BB - Made a total of 10 entries this month, and last month he only made 2 entries.
BB - Has only a maximum of 5 quota per month. So putting them into equation it should look like this.

Previous month - 5 - 2 = 3 available entries to be use for next month.
Current month - (10 - 3(previous month)) - 5 (current quota) = 2 entries spill over or exceeded.
Next month - 2 - 5 = 3 remaining quota for the next month.

So in total, BB will have 3 of remaining entries for the next month.

Column H - We want to output the remaining quota from the previous month. If it goes negative, return it as 0. As the rule, a borrow will be applied.

I am thinking of something like this, also is there a way to improve this?
Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Inconsolata]=[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Inconsolata]MAX[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Inconsolata]([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#1155CC][FONT=Inconsolata]5[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Inconsolata]-[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#F7981D][FONT=Inconsolata]$F2[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Inconsolata],[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#1155CC][FONT=Inconsolata]0[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Inconsolata])[/FONT][/COLOR]

Column J - This is where we want to output the previous month + current month, if exceeded then it will now borrow from the next month quota.

This is where I struggle, I really do not know how should I output and apply the borrow rule.

Thank you, I would really appreciate any kind of help.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back