User input data setup box

dsrt16

Board Regular
I want to create a setup form where users can create items that will go into a named range used in data validation lists.

I know how to create a user input form to get it to populate into one certain cell, but not in an undetermined range, like I need here.

I have already created all the named dynamic lists. Now the user will just populate it by filling out a form.

Example: One of the dynamic named lists is called material options. It starts in cell P9 and can go up to cell P100. I used offset and counta to create the named list since I don't know how many entries the user will have.

Now on the setup page, I want to have a user input form asking them to list all the different kinds of materials they edit. Then this will populate into the dynamic material list.

So a user might enter into the form websites, novels, nonfiction books, resumes, dissertations. And then cell P9:P13 will auto populate with those answers.

A different user might have only 3 materials they edit, so then they would only auto populate into cell P9:P11.

I got it to work.

I reverted back to the original code (with ThisWorkbook.Sheets).

The problem was the named formula. I forgot the )1 after the $N$99.

Whew! Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
AND it worked twice. I tested it two times and it worked perfectly.

I then went in to test it again along with all the other setup items, and it gave me the error again: application-defined or object-error defined error. Highlighting the Address.range line.

Upvote 0
I figured it out again!

I had to have data in the dynamic named range. Then whatever the user entered in the form replaced the data. I didn't have anything in there as I was waiting for user input. SO for now I put in dummy values in cell N10 and N11 and N12, and then whatever user enters in form replaces it.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Ok glad you got it working. Yes, it wouldn't work without data already in the range, because in this case excel can't resolve the dynamic range when it's empty. Have fun.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back