Userform lost focus after each character (passchar = wingdings)

Llupo01

Hello,

I have quick question. This is not so important, but I am buidling userform for password input and wanted to use Wingdings as password character, for example ,,N" .
But when I change font to wingdings, set passchar to "N", after each character txtbox loose focus and must be activated by clicking again.

Is there anything I can avoid this behavior? I tried to use txtbox_change = me.txtbox1.setfocus, txbox before update (same part of code), none of it is working.

Can someone pls help?
Thank you.

brgds,
Tom

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Unusual.

Not sure about your reasoning to change the font but if it is just to hide the password, you can set this in the design time settings of a text box in the 'PasswordChar' setting. usually an asterix but you can set it to whatever you like

Upvote 0
I know, it can be anything. I just wanted to show some funny symbols instead of asterix , thats why its not important. I just found it as strange behavior, so wanted to ask, if anyone knows the reason for that.

Upvote 0
can you post all your code. There must be some code in the textbox change vent that is causing it. I just set it up how you said and it works fine.

Upvote 0
I already dont have that code...I tried to simulate again on new UserForm.

I have no code, just absolutely new textbox, font wingdings, password character N (capital N). And its always stops after every singel character.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then I'm at a loss. If no event id being triggered on the keypress I fail to see what is causing focus to lose. I've tried it again here. Works fine.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back