VBA code to define names of cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaudrco

Board Regular
Hi,

I am trying to design code to create a defined name for a cell based off the value of another cell. The cell that contains the name that I would like to be the defined name is in cell (“C2”). The cell that I would like to obtain the defined name is the cell above the new column create from this code:

Code:
Private Sub AddCompetitorButton_Click()

With Sheets("Competitor Overview Data").ListObjects("CompOverviewTable")
    .ListColumns.Add(.ListColumns.Count + 1).Name = Range("C2")
    .ListColumns(.ListColumns.Count - 1).Range.EntireColumn.Copy
    .ListColumns(.ListColumns.Count).Range.EntireColumn.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats
End With

The column headers are competitor names, so I want the cell above the column headers to have the defined name of the competitor name, which comes from cell (“C2”).

What do you think?

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Duplicate https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...ther-cells-value-post5330594.html#post5330594

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread.
Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

If you do not receive a response, you can "bump" it by replying to it again, though we advise you to wait 24 hours before doing and not to bump a thread more than once a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mira_Xcel

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...