ayubalia1

Hi, need your help urgentlyI'm working on a project need your help on Countifs functionPositiveScr = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIfs(Sheet2.Range("F:F"), "AMER", Sheet2.Range("F:F"), "EMEAR")orPositiveScr = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIfs(Sheets(2).Range("H:H"), "EMEAR", "&", "AMER")My code actually contains many Criterias and Ranges, however the above simple code i need your helpdepends on few conditions I may need to count only EMEAR or AMER or both together, Kindly help me

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
To count the number of times Column F contains "AMER" or "EMEAR", try...

Code:
With Application.WorksheetFunction
    PositiveScr = .CountIf(Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("F:F"), "AMER") + .CountIf(Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("F:F"), "EMEAR")
End With

An alternative would be to use the Evaluate method...

Code:
PositiveScr = Evaluate("SUM(COUNTIF('Sheet2'!F:F,{""AMER"",""EMEAR""}))")

Note, however, the Evaluate method has a 255 character limit.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Domenic,
Thanks for your help on this, unfortunately i'm getting results as zero

Let me explain my request for help
I have Sheet 2 with (Data) and sheet 3 with Output Dashboard(Metrics)

Code:
 PoitiveScr = WorksheetFunction.CountIfs(Worksheets("Data").Range("FM:FM"), Worksheets("Metrics").Cells(3, N), Worksheets("Data").Range("B:B"), Worksheets("Metrics").Range("D1"))

In this code Last Criteria Range(D1) is the value of DropDown from sheet 3, if Dropdown value is "EMEAR" then results should come as per EMEAR, if AMER then AMER results, if the Dropdown value is "Overall" then code should calculate both "EMEAR" & "AMER" PFA Screen shot

Many Thanks in Advance for help

Upvote 0
In that case, try...

Code:
PoitiveScr = WorksheetFunction.CountIfs(Worksheets("Data").Range("FM:FM"), Worksheets("Metrics").Cells(3, N).Value, _
    Worksheets("Data").Range("B:B"), IIf(Worksheets("Metrics").Range("D1").Value = "Overall", "*", Worksheets("Metrics").Range("D1").Value))

Upvote 0
Hi Domenic,

Thank you so much for your help it works me perfect, just curious to ask you how this code works "IFF".

Thanks again for help

Upvote 0
Also will you help me how to assign multiple values in one Range,
Example I have sheet which contains Customer satisfaction scores,
Using CountIfs formula with many criterias a column contains scores "1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6" scores equals to Neutral and 7 or 8 equal to Neutral and 9 or 10 equals Positive.
I need 3 variable outputs values as Positive numbers or Neutral numbers or Negative numbers.
I'm very beginner to VBA with so many ideas and less knowledge on VBA, please help me which can give me strength to learn VBA
Thanks in Advance

Upvote 0
Hi Domenic,

Thank you so much for your help it works me perfect, just curious to ask you how this code works "IFF".

Thanks again for help

The IIF function is similar to the worksheet IF function, and has the following syntax...

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=&quot]IIf[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=&quot]([/FONT][/COLOR][I]expr[/I][COLOR=#000000][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][/COLOR][I]truepart[/I][COLOR=#000000][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][/COLOR][I]falsepart[/I][COLOR=#000000][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][/COLOR]

If expr evaluates to true, truepart is returned. Otherwise falsepart is returned.

Upvote 0
Also will you help me how to assign multiple values in one Range,
Example I have sheet which contains Customer satisfaction scores,
Using CountIfs formula with many criterias a column contains scores "1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6" scores equals to Neutral and 7 or 8 equal to Neutral and 9 or 10 equals Positive.
I need 3 variable outputs values as Positive numbers or Neutral numbers or Negative numbers.
I'm very beginner to VBA with so many ideas and less knowledge on VBA, please help me which can give me strength to learn VBA
Thanks in Advance

Since this is a new question, please start a new thread, and ask your question there. I would also suggest that you include a small sample of your data, along with your expected result.

Upvote 0
Thanks Domenic I appreciate your help on this
I have created new Thread: Help Reqired on VBA Count Ifs Foumula using multiple Criterias

When you have spare time please help on this too
[h=1][/h]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBFrieds

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back