VBA / dll project ideas

Shadow777

Hi,

I have quite a few years experience with VBA and have developed various dashboards and tools using APIs and web scraping etc.

I'm looking to further increase my skills and wondered if anyone had any cool project ideas. I really don't mind what it is. I'm particularly interested in getting more familiar with vba classes and creating dll's to use in VBA.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

Rijnsent

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Hi Shadow,

that's a good one. I had the same challenge a couple of years ago but decided to dive into some VBA skills I was missing instead of DLL/classes. So I tought myself version control / git and combined my project with git to get some version control. That was pretty cool to learn, see my project here (no classes yet): https://github.com/krijnsent/

I'm looking at what projects I have some base code for and found a map chart in Excel. Pulling in coordinate files to draw maps, drawing it and linking it to data in a sheet. There are some options in Excel right now, but not e.g. a circle chart on maps (like: https://alesandrab.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/create-a-bubble-pie-chart-or-world-map-pie-chart-using-vba-and-excel-charts/ ). Another idea buzzing in my mind is a QR code maker in Excel.

Cheers,

Koen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tresfjording

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...