Vba formula help

EwEn999

Hi all, I'm looking for help in trying to achieve the following. If any of the values in a range is >1, then use the corresponding name from column A.

The comments in the code below will hopefully explain what I'm hoping for.

I've also created a table for reference.

Thanks in advance

Code:
Sub ErrorMsg1()

Dim OfficersName As String
    Dim Totals As Integer

'if any value in the range b27:h27 is >1, use the officer's name in a27 in the corresponding msgbox
    'if any value in the range b31:h31 is >1, use the officer's name in a31 in the corresponding msgbox
    'if any value in the range b35:h35 is >1, use the officer's name in a35 in the corresponding msgbox
    'if any value in the range b39:h39 is >1, use the officer's name in a39 in the corresponding msgbox
    'if any value in the range b43:h43 is >1, use the officer's name in a43 in the corresponding msgbox

Totals = Range("B27").Value
    OfficersName = Range("A27")

If Totals > 1 Then
        MsgBox OfficersName & " Has been scheduled on 2 or more sites." & vbNewLine & "Please Rectify." & vbNewLine & _
        "Press OK to acknowledge.", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, "Error"
    Else
        Exit Sub
    End If

End Sub

ABCDEFGH
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
27Officer 1
31Officer 2
35Officer 3
39Officer 4
43Officer 5

<tbody>
</tbody>

The formula that c40 needs to be is =if(and(or($C$40=0.7,$C$40=0.8)*or($B$40=0.9,$B$40=1)),”error”,””)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
I will ask one further time
For me to be able to offer any further help, you need to explain clearly & concisely EXACTLY what you need.
Your above formula is completely different from what you have said before.

Upvote 0
I apologise for not being entirely clear in my request. Without your help I wouldn’t be able to complete the project.

What I would like is the above formula to be applied to the following ranges in VBA C28:H28, C32:H32, C36:H36, C40:H40, C44:H44 where if true a message box appears in the following format

Code:
[COLOR=#454545][FONT='inherit'][FONT='inherit']MsgBox [insert officer’s name]  & " Has been scheduled a night shift followed by a day shift on [insert day]" & Msg & vbNewLine & "Please Rectify." & vbNewLine & _[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#454545][FONT='inherit'][FONT='inherit']           "Press OK to acknowledge.", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, "Error"
[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

p.s. I only discovered VBA at the beginning of the month so it’s a very steep learning curve.

Upvote 0
try
Code:
Sub EwEn999()
   Dim i As Long, j As Long
   Dim Msg As String

For i = 28 To 44 Step 4
      If (Range("B" & i) = 0.9 Or Range("B" & i) = 1) And (Range("C" & i) = 0.7 Or Range("C" & i) = 0.8) Then
         MsgBox Range("A" & i) & " Has been scheduled a night shift followed by a day shift on Monday/Tuesday" & Msg & vbNewLine & "Please Rectify." & vbNewLine & _
            "Press OK to acknowledge.", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, "Error"
         End If
   Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back