VBA Lotus Notes matching reply reference to sent view email

Drawleeh

Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I was wondering if there was any way I could match an email that has been replied to, with the sent view email reply. Using NotesDocuments.GetItemValue I can get all sorts of information from each individual notes document including whether the document has been replied to. Is there any reference if I was to look at the documents in the sent view that would allow me to match that sent view document, with the inbox view document that was replied to in the first place.

This might be a long shot but replies do have the body of the original at the bottom of the email when you look at the actual sent file so there might be some connection there I just don't quite know if there is a possible way to connect them or a reference that they share.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
The reply email in the Sent view has a field named "In_Reply_To" which has the same value as the "$MessageID" field of the corresponding email in the Inbox view. Therefore I think you would have to find the email in the Sent view, get its "In_Reply_To" field value and specify that value in the GetDocumentByID method of the NotesDatabase class to get the email that was replied to in the Inbox view.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
easperhe29

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back