VBA Macro to help clean up report

pkaskaggs

I am trying to rearrange a report so it can be used in a differnt department. They only need certain information, and one column of info contains a five digit code that needs to be translated into an address.

I would like to create a macro that will delete all unwanted columns, Then insert a column next to the five digit address codes, and insert the address, the code stands for. It would also be ok for the address to replace the five digit code. Finally I would like to delete an entire row if one of the columns contains certain information that I will specify.

Summary
Delete columns:2,3,5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20

(Add column next to what will be 6 after the others are deleted {6 Contains the 5 Digit codes} Output Corrisponding address) or (Replace Five digit Code with specified address)

Delete Rows that contain specified data in Column 25

I hope this is easy enough to understand

Thanks for any help
Bryan

Last edited:
The code is saved as text, Im going to play with chanigng it to number in the macro.

The database stores the field as text, some of the data is text. If I format the cells to number nothing happens. If I choose the exclimation mark next to cells and choose convet to number your macro works. Is there way way to convert the entire row? Formatting doesnt seem to help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
pkaskaggs,

Please attach your template.

You can upload your workbook/template to www.box.net and provide us with a link to your workbook.

Actually Im good, while I was messing with report I noticed that the cells were formatted as text. I found some code that would convert rows into numbers, and that solved the problem. I thank you for all your help, the report works great!!

Bryan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
analystvar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back