VBA Marco to extract data from multiple workbooks and compile data in a single workbook

thunt

Hello all,

I am new and still learning macros, using Excel 2010 on Wins 7. I am in need of finding/creating a macro that's purpose would be to:

1. Go through every workbook in a defined directory (C:\test)
  2. Locate the Worksheet named "Change Log", in every single Workbook in C:\test
  3. In the "Change Log" Worksheet, find/locate the row in which column A has a "X" in it
  4. Copy that row from B:Y
  5. Paste the copied data into the Macro Workbook (this macro Workbook will not be saved in C:\test) starting in B4:Y4 and continuing down until the macro has ran through every Workbook in the defined directory (C:\test)
  6. Upon running the macro again, it clears the current data that was previously copied
I have been going through the search function on this forum and others trying to find a macro that does this, but have not had any success in finding a macro that only extracts the data from a specific Worksheet, based on a value in a cell (almost like a Vlookup).

Thanks in advance!

thunt

Hello all,

I am new and still learning macros, using Excel 2010 on Wins 7. I am in need of finding/creating a macro that's purpose would be to:

1. Go through every workbook in a defined directory (C:\test)
  2. Locate the Worksheet named "Change Log", in every single Workbook in C:\test
  3. In the "Change Log" Worksheet, find/locate the row in which column A has a "X" in it
  4. Copy that row from B:Y
  5. Paste the copied data into the Macro Workbook (this macro Workbook will not be saved in C:\test) starting in B4:Y4 and continuing down until the macro has ran through every Workbook in the defined directory (C:\test)
  6. Upon running the macro again, it clears the current data that was previously copied
I have been going through the search function on this forum and others trying to find a macro that does this, but have not had any success in finding a macro that only extracts the data from a specific Worksheet, based on a value in a cell (almost like a Vlookup).

Thanks in advance!
A little more explanation about it if it helps...

Ihave a directory (C:\test) that is full of a .XLSM files. Each one ofthese files has a Worksheet in it named "Change Log" with datastarting in A29:Y29. In Column A I have a cell marked with a "X" thatis the current/active data to use in columns B:Y of that row. I am trying tocreate a new master .XLSM file that can update and give the latest data (B:Y)from every Change Log Worksheet, based on the row that a "X" is foundin column A.

thunt

Still unable to find anything in previous forums, anyone able to help out? -bump-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topherj09

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics