VBA Question

Rcboyd123

Hello,
I have an excel spreadsheet which is basically a message log. We are a paperless company so I made a spreadsheet which has an input page and 5 other pages - Monday - Friday. The input page asks for the Caller Name, Number and Details, it sends the info to the corresponding day page. On the "Day" worksheet there is a column labeled "Returned" where I will just put in Yes if I have returned the call, or leave it blank if it hasn't been returned.

I would like to display on the input page whether or not there is unreturned messages, but I am not sure how to do that, what code or search function.
Please help!!!

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
It really depends on how your sheets are organized, and how the Input sheet sends the data to the day sheets. Let's say your Monday sheet has column A for Caller Name, and Column D is the Returned column. Then you could try this formula on your Input sheet:

=COUNTA(Monday!A:A)-COUNTA(Monday!D:D)

COUNTA counts how many cells have data in them. The first COUNTA finds out how many calls you have, and the second finds out how many have been returned. The difference is the number of calls you need to return. We could use INDIRECT to make a formula for all sheets, but with only 5 sheets, it's easier just to manually enter them.

If the day sheets have formulas, this won't work, but there are other options.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lukaderanged

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back