vba - splitting large amount of text in cell over multiple cells (merged arrgggghh)

RobbieC

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there, I have a bit of a dilemma with a worksheet... unfortunately, it involves merged cells... (argghhh... I know)

I have a merged range (AK17:BT17) which is formatted as text for user input... initially I had a problem with autofit on the height of this range, but I managed to get that solved with a bit of VBA...

However, the row height will only extend to a maximum of 410. Not a problem for most inputs, but I have had some users who have been putting FAR MORE info into this text input...

I have been thinking that I could create further series of merged cells below this offending row which could be used as an overflow. I know that there are things to consider such as character counting, carriage returns and number of lines in the text...

Is there a way to 'analyse' the inputted text and somehow spread any overflow over the subsequent rows...?

If you can point me in the right direction, I'd be most grateful

Thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back