VBA to populate combo box with defined name range

KP_SoCal

Board Regular
Hi all, I have a combo box ActiveX control on my excel worksheet that I would like to have it's selection list populated with a Named Range that I have defined.

Under normal circumstances, I would just use Excel's data validation option to create assign my list to a cell. Of course I would specify it to ignore blank cells since I'm using a Dynamic Named Range. In this case there would be no need for an ActiveX control.

Alternatively, I could do this relatively simply through the form control as well. However, in both of these choices, I'm limited because I need to change the Font Size. I can easily do this by changing the font properties in the ActiveX control, but don't see a way possible to do this for form controls or in embedded cell list.

So my question, is there a way to change the font through some VBA code for a form control combo box? If not, is their a VBA function that I can assign to my ActiveX control combo box to populate its selection list with one of my defined Named Ranges? Thanks so much for any feedback on this!!! :)

KP

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
is their a VBA function that I can assign to my ActiveX control combo box to populate its selection list with one of my defined Named Ranges? {/quote]

Is this what you are looking for?

Code:
Sub WorkSheet_Activate()

Worksheets(1).OLEObjects("ComboBox1").ListFillRange = "Data"
ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0

End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi Nalani, thanks for the quick response. When I run it, I get a run-time error of "Unable to get the OLEObjects property of the Worksheet class."

I'm just a begginer with VBA, but I think the problem has something to do with the "Worksheets(1)". Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Did you put the code in Sheet1's module? If not chnge the (1) to what ever sheet you CB is on.

Upvote 0
Did you put the code in Sheet1's module? If not chnge the (1) to what ever sheet you CB is on.

Yes, I put it into Sheet 1's module, but I'm still getting the error message. However, when I remove "Worksheets(1)" from the beginning of the code, it works perfectly.

Code:
Sub WorkSheet_Activate()

OLEObjects("ComboBox1").ListFillRange = "vehRange"
ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Narrian

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back