VLOOKUP & Conditional Formatting

amish_z

Hi

New to this forum but it's always been helpful in the past so thought i'd give it a go myself!

I have created a drop-down list for a Dashboard which then uses VLOOKUP to populate the next 6 columns with the data. This data is for a set period e.g. (this month)

On the next sheet, I have the same thing but the data is for a previous period (last month)

I want conditional formatting to look at the data in the Dashboard and change color according to the data for the previous period e.g.

I select "A" from the drop down and vlookup returns £100 for last month, the previous month it was £50 so make the cell go GREEN, or if last month was £150, the cell goes RED

Please help!

Thanks

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
If the cells to be compared are in the same location on both sheets (i.e. compare B2 on one sheet with B2 on the other sheet) then you could use the INDIRECT function in the condition formatting formula?

Along the lines of :

Code:
=$B1>INDIRECT("LastMonth!"&ADDRESS(ROW($B1),COLUMN($B1)))

and :

Code:
=$B1<=INDIRECT("LastMonth!"&ADDRESS(ROW($B1),COLUMN($B1)))
<indirect("lastmonth!"&address(row($b1),column($b1)))[ CODE]
<indirect("lastmonth!"&address(row($b1),column($b1)))[ CODE]

with appropriate formatting applied to each?

(I've used LastMonth as the name of the sheet to compare against; you will need to edit accordingly)</indirect("lastmonth!"&address(row($b1),column($b1)))[></indirect("lastmonth!"&address(row($b1),column($b1)))[>

Upvote 0
If they don't, a more robust formula would probably be some kind of INDEX / MATCH or COUNTIFS / SUMIFS / SUMPRODUCT but couldn't assist with that without knowing more about the layout and structure of the sheets

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back