Vlookup , HLooup, lookup or =If

farqual

This is for a martial arts school.

I am trying unsuccessfully to generate a page that will display estimated graduation year based on how many months a student will be in the program.

I have tried all the lookup functions and not been able to get it to return a calue in the adjoining or next over column.

This attached file only shows some of the info from my master sheet but it is showing only the needed values.

I have assigned each belt rank an number so i can have a numerical identifier that will allow my year calculations for each rank to interface with my student list.

I need a formula that will look up the rank number in Column H and cross reference it with column T and place a answer in column I that was generated from column W corresponding to what information was looked up in that same row.

This is the link to my file to generate the formula.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52638940/Projections 1.xlsx

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
So that worked ,... until i realized that i need a new code to read the belt name via txt and assign it a number ,... the column that assigns a number to the rank in the master sheet has some other function that i do not recognize; and say a red belt could be a 5 a 6 or a 13 ,..... that throws a loop hole for my little source on the right. now i need something that can be in a cell to the right of the rank i.e. in H column and read from G or F column and spit out a number baised on the text that is there.

So orange will be a 3 Adv orange a 4 etc. any ideas on that?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qh017

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back