Vlookup with cell background color

Shaikh Aziz

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear All,

Please help me out or suggest me how to vlookup with cell backgrond color, eg. i have sheet1 & 1000 names in column A and i want to vlookup columnB values with multiple cell colors (with formatting) in sheet2 ColumnB according to columnA. please suggest me any shortcut or vlookup formula for V-looking up with cell background colors.

NOTE: I have matched names in Sheet1 & Sheet2 in ColumnA. and we want to vlookup along with cell background color from one sheet to another sheet.

Also PFB cross posting link for reference, i am still haven't found an answer, please help me.

Thankyou All.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I believe the Excel 2007 still can use old Excel4 function GET.CELL. There are many parameters to extract info from a cell. You can refer to this. There are limitaion like you need to recalculate if color changed for example.

I think the limit is also that it works for color within Excel Color Index, not to many other variance that can be defined by RGB color.

Anyway, if you use VLOOKUP, then it will stop at first instance match. Unless you only have only unique color in range, then you will have problem. Another option is using VBA to loop whole range and get color and also value.

Do you want to match color and extract value or both?

Upvote 0
Dear Zot,

Thankyou for your revert, I will try Get.Cell option as given above links.

and I do not want to match color I just want to extract value along with background color.

Please find attached example screenshot, In sheet1 & sheet2 we have same name in ColumnA. we have to vlookup values of ColumnB in sheet2 in ColumnB but along with cell background color.

NOTE: there is 1000+ rows in columns with 5 to 6 multiple colors.

Attachments

• Get VBA cell color.JPG
    Get VBA cell color.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 201
Upvote 0
I think I get confused here. You are not getting the color value but to look for value and copy everything. You can just run VBA and use normal copy paste, right? I thought you want to get the conditional color code.

Upvote 0
Is the cell colour being set manually or by conditional formatting?

Upvote 0
I tried this fluff, but it's only working in same sheet, we want to vlookup (with cell color) from one worksheet to another worksheet.

Upvote 0
I've just pulled you file from EF & see that you say you have almost 50,000 rows of data.
Any form of VBA is going to be slow, especially if it has to work on change events. Added to which there is no-way a macro knows if you have changed the colour of a cell.
The only realistic way would be to use a macro that you run from time to time.

Upvote 0
Solution
Okay, I will check what alternate option we can do.

and thanks for your revert.:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweetkt327

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back