Web query error: The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explorer options

ToniGo

I have a web query set up (ie Data>>From Web) where the source is connected via an API.
Everything is working great as long as the data set is relatively small - I can manipulate the parameters by date and it is working for 2 months (~13K rows) but if I change it to 6 months then I get this error:

"TheWeb.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Exploreroptions"

I know that it is not a problem with the data source because if I change the format to be CSV then the data does all come through, but all in one column in html code. If I could delimit it neatly then that would also do the trick but it also ends up with every second row being blank.

Please note that I have found instructions to change this setting in Internet Explorer, but I don't have Internet Explorer on this computer, only Edge which doesn't seem to have the same options.

Also, I have tried running on an older computer that does have Internet Explorer and got the same error. But when I followed the directions to change the settings I found that Active Scripting was already enabled.

Hoping someone can help!

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back