What's the most efficient way to remove all the salary info from my model without ruining all the calcs?

CHBC1

I work in Finance and I need to send out our budget model to one of our business partners, but she can't see all the salary info we have in there.

One option is to go tab by tab (there are probably 30) and manually copy/paste values in the person-by-person salary calc, then delete the person by person details, while leaving the grand totals in.

I was also wondering if there's a way to just black out the salary info, but make it so nobody can change the cell color and can't see what's in the cells when they click on it / can't copy/paste. Does that make sense?

Each tab is constructed the same, so I can record a simple macro to lock down/black out specific cells.

Any thoughts? Am I way overthinking this?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.

mikerickson

MrExcel MVP
You can color the cells, but if the user selects that cell the values are apparent in the Edit window.

My thought are that if you are confident about creating a "black out the salary cells" macro then a "copy / paste special values the whole sheet, blank the salary cells" would be as easy to create as the other. The only thing is that the altered worbook should be saved AS a different special "for Mgt only" workbook, leaving the one with the live date in it for you.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessyi

This Week's Hot Topics