Windows 8 causing macro timing issue? How do I test this or fix it?

9tanstaafl9

I think Windows 8.1 is causing a timing issue in an older report I have that works fine on non-8 Windows versions. Unfortunately I’m self taught and missed the class on how you check for things like this. Could anyone give me some advice on checking for timing issues or how to fix them? My usual method for finding errors by using the f8 key isn’t working — the macro runs just perfectly if I do that.

I’d post the code but it is VERY long (and embarrassing) and wouldn’t make much sense without seeing the tabs and the formulas. Basically the report refreshes queries on a bunch of tabs, copies and pastes a lot of info onto the main sheet and then looks for duplicates, looks for zero value rows and eliminates them and sorts everything before grouping it. The main sheet has a bunch of lookups and sum ifs. It’s ugly but it works.

The macro has worked perfectly for years in many versions of Excel and Windows. I haven’t changed anything with the macro or the data. It still works on my old computer but it doesn’t work on two different computers running Windows 8.

ANY help would be appreciated! I tried googling and looking it up on mrexcel.com but couldn’t find any relevant articles. The search terms are too vague or I’m just inept. Not sure at this point.

If you've got this far thanks for reading my request!
Jennifer

Report is in Excel 2013 now though written years before.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
NEVERMIND!

I still don't know what the issue was but I added in a few dreaded selects and now it seems to work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back