Worksheet spin button with slow startup

PrgmMe

I'm using Excel 2007 on XP. I have a spin button on the worksheet which is very slow to respond on the first click. The spin button changes some linked variables and that changes the information displayed on the page. I strongly suspect that the first click is resulting in some sort of calculation lag. Subsequent clicks are rapid and don't cause any appreciable delay. Is there a way to make the first click faster? I'm not refering to the single vs. multiple clicks as set on the object control. This is something different - a delay of several seconds, not 50 milliseconds.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

jrosen1040

I know this is 5 years after the original post. I had the same issue and solved by adding following VBA code (assumes the spin button is named SpinButton1:

Private Sub SpinButton1_GotFocus()
Application.Calculate ' this helps speed up response to first click on a spin button
End Sub

Ken Cowen

Board Regular
I know this is 5 years after the original post. I had the same issue and solved by adding following VBA code (assumes the spin button is named SpinButton1:

Private Sub SpinButton1_GotFocus()
Application.Calculate ' this helps speed up response to first click on a spin button
End Sub
So, now, 2 years after your post, I just used that line to speed up 6 spin buttons on an excel 2016 worksheet that was incredibly slow, for the first click.
Thanks
Ken

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfaroM

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...