Writing Macros for Data Management

sxb0929

I am a self-taught excel user, and have tried to build a macros to do this, and failed! I am looking for every minute detail about how to do this (I have already added the developer tab but where to go from there, I need to clarify).

I have three workbooks/tabs: Raw Data, Referral Management, and Hearing Loss Management. This is what I am trying to do:

On The Raw Data tab: If column K=yes, L=yes, M=yes: declined or yes:atresia, then the entire row, (columns A through O) repopulates in Referral Management spreadsheet

On the Referral Management Spreadsheet: If column AD=ENT+EI, then the entire row (columns A through AE) repopulates into the Hearing Loss Management spreadsheet

I really appreciate any help that you can give me! I obviously need to take a class now that I've made it through the basics. Thanks so much and have a great day!!!!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
so any of 5 "words" in col K copy entire row into Referral management SHEET (not spreadsheet can be confused with workbook)

But - that is cols A to O , then you refer to A through AE, saying if AD = "ENT+EI" then copy whole row into hearing loss sheet

why not code each row on the rawdata sheet with a helper column or 2 maybe, so if K meets the criteria the helper = 1
and if the col AD meets criteria, then the second helper column = 1

then you can , in a 3rd helper column, put a 1 if the other 2 helpers indicate "hearing loss".............

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back