Yet another Time Question

Gregory7

Is it possible to calculate hours if both the start and end time are in the same cell. Unfortunatly the developers of our scheduling program developed it so when you export the schedule to excel it shows Greg in A1 and 3:00pm-9:00pm in A2. I would like to have excel calculate the 6 hours so I can use it to auto generate another spread sheet I am making.

If you get this in the cell

######

That normally means that the cell isn't large enough to accommodate the data. Either make the formula cell wider or format to show just 2 decimal places

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Similar problem for me and I am an Excel luddite...

I have a rota based on below which i send to staff as well as use for wages... (but with WAY more people on it in different categories.)

uOFxKX.jpg

In each column, I write the hours they work that day ie 9.30-17.30 etc. I need formulae to work out the total hours worked that day by all staff (Below in the red cell) and to the right as a total of all the hours worked by that person in that week.

I can't for the life of me work out how to do it. I have booked in to do an advanced excel course next month but I need to sort this particular issue out asap.

Can anyone help me please?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
el_gazar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back