Just wondering how to edit or delete a post. And can you edit or delete a thread too?
Excel VBA Tools from Andrew
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Just wondering how to edit or delete a post. And can you edit or delete a thread too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Just wondering how to edit or delete a post. And can you edit or delete a thread too?

MrExcel MVP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Default Re: Just wondering how to edit or delete a post. And can you edit or delete a thread too?

From the FAQ section
    How can I delete or edit my post or thread?

You cannot delete the whole post or thread. Deleting posts can make the other posts and therefore the whole thread meaningless. Once you have been a member for a while, you will be able to edit your own posts for up to 10 minutes after you first make the post.

If there is something in your post that really must be deleted (eg personal information that is not yours, unacceptable language etc) and you are unable to edit it yourself, then use the 'Report' button that appears at the bottom of each post & explain the circumstances. Note that your post will not be edited for trivial reasons like you don't want your boss to see what you have posted.
    - Posting guidelines, forum rules and terms of use
    - Try searching for your answer first, see how
    - Read the FAQs
    - List of BB codes

Running Office 2003 & 2013 on Win 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Re: Just wondering how to edit or delete a post. And can you edit or delete a thread too?

Okay That makes sense. I thought I would add a [solved] to the title of the thread which you helped me with.

Oh! and adding more information to the thread about the Mail merge would be nice, but the Forum rules say to reply so that is what I will do. :D
    Last edited by PETLECLS1; Nov 24th, 2017 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Adding information

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Just wondering how to edit or delete a post. And can you edit or delete a thread too?

give it a few more posts and you will get a little more control. Its restrictive to start with to defeat spammers, and allow us to catch and ban them
    • Yes I know there are better ways to do it. I just wish I knew them. - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016
    • I wear my ignorance openly, excel is not my chosen career, its a means to an ends
    • Posting Guidelines Want to post well laid out questions and answers Translate Excel Versions
      Code:
      [CODE ]Put Your Code[/ CODE]
    • Settings > General Settings (on the left) scroll to the bottom, > Miscellaneous Options > Use ENHANCED
    • X-Posting Guidelines Rule 13 > CHART STUFF

User Tag List