SUMIF and Exclude certain criteria

L40

Board Regular
I have a formula that’s not summing correctly and I’m not sure where I went wrong. I have multiple data where I’m trying to exclude certain names i.e. Sam, Jill, Don and Robert. In other words I want to sum all completed task for all other names in column “B” excluding the names mentioned. Column “AB”contains numbers of completed task. Column “Y” is the date the transaction took place and “F57” is the field I want the reference to sum transactions for that specific date. <o:p></o:p>
=SUM(SUMIFS('Data Dump'!AB:AB,'DataDump'!B:B,{"<>Sam","<>Jill","<>Don","<>Robert"},'DataDump'!AD:AD,{"ZIP"},'Data Dump'!Y:Y,"="&F57))<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>Any help would be greatly appreciated.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>Thanks,<o:p></o:p>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Try...

=SUM(SUMIFS('Data Dump'!AB:AB,'DataDump'!B:B,{"?*","Sam","Jill","Don","Robert"},'DataDump'!AD:AD,"ZIP",'Data Dump'!Y:Y,"="&F57)*{1,-1,-1,-1,-1})

Upvote 0
maybe
=SUMIFS(AB:AB,B:B,"<>Sam",B:B,"<>Jill",B:B,"<>Don",B:B,"<>Robert",AD:AD,"ZIP",Y:Y,F57)

Upvote 0
It returns the same answer that I previously had with the formula I provided.

Upvote 0
I was sitting here wondering how can 3 people get the same answer and it still be wrong. **** Now I feel so dumb **** After looking at the results all three formulas are correct. Turns out when I was filtering the data I was not excluding those names but instead all other names were not included. Its been a long day. I appreciate all the help.

Thank you

Upvote 0
No its all correct. I was filtering excel incorrectly. All the formulas that were posted all worked and gave the correct answer. It was my error. Thank you all for your assistance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back