Low values not being carried over

chippy36

Hi,

I have about 30 tables that hold prices of goods in categories. I have use the Append function to create a master price list by combining all the tables. When I add new items to the individual tables the Appended table updates nicely with the additional items.

The problem I have that any item with a very low price, the price does not transfer over. The item name and unit does but not the price. It seems that any price under under 50 pence is transferring as nil and any price between 50 pence and 99 pence is transferring as one pound. Anything of one pound or over is transferring correctly.

any ideas??
thanks

Andrew

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Andrew,

How many decimal places are you showing in the Master price list? I'm not familiar with how the British pound is displayed in Excel but with the dollar, if decimal place is set at 0, a value of .49 will display as zero.
Having said that, regardless of what is displayed the value you copy is correctly held in Excel. For example, .49 + .49 would both display as zero but when added together would equal .98.

Upvote 0
Hi Frank, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have the master price list set to display 2 decimal places, so it is bringing in say £1.25 correctly but it wont bring in anything under .50

Where an item is 71 pence it is shown on the original table as £0.71 and on the linked table as £0.71
Where an item is 9 pence it is shown on the original table as £0.09 but on the linked table as £ -

Upvote 0
Are you using VBA code to accomplish this task? If so, can you post your code.

I went back and read your original post and it may be that using the Append function is causing the issue.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back