Excel SumIfs with a named range

Groovy Chick

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I am trying to sum a figure for graphs using a named range so that I can change the week no and it automatically updates the formula and, therefore, the graph. The workings out on the Graph Worksheet are looking at Weekly QN Details worksheet and totalling column J if days in column M is greater than 75 and then use the value in the look up in T2 - week 1, week 2 and so on. I have formula <=SUMIFS('Weekly QN Details'!J:J,'Weekly QN Details'!M:M,">75",'Weekly QN Details'!T2,WeekNos)> which I know is wrong as returning value! Should I be using a sumif?

Hi Steve, I did that but get a zero amount back when should be around £650k - is this formula wrong? <=SUMIFS('Weekly QN Details'!J:J,'Weekly QN Details'!M:M,">75",'Weekly QN Details'!N:N,T2)> T2 contains my data validation dropdown and is currently set at week 6.Sorry again.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
No that formula is fine. J contains values to sum, M is a condition of the sum (>75) and N another condition (eg Week 6). Do the whole thing via a filter applied to the range. Apply these formulae to the first cell in the filtered range (change the row number to suit). Check these are true:

=ISNUMBER(J2)
=ISNUMBER(M2)
=N2=$T$2

Copy them down. All filtered results should show as true.

Upvote 0
Steve, sorry I don't understand. Which columns am I filtering and where do I put the formulae you listed? Rather confused as to what I put where and what range I'm filtering?

Upvote 0
Ok go to your data sheet. Weekly QN Details. Apply a filter on the headers. In column M filter any value greater than 75. Then in column N filter for equals say "Week 6". You now have a filtered range. In spare cells to the right of your data place the formulas. Change the 2 in J2 to be the same as the first row number of the filtered range.

Upvote 0
OK, =N2=$T$2 is returning false. Is that to do with the formatting and reason for zero result?

Upvote 0
T2 needs the sheet name if its not in the same sheet so check that first

Upvote 0
I did that like this <=SUMIFS('Weekly QN Details'!J:J,'Weekly QN Details'!M:M,">75",'Weekly QN Details'!N:N,'Weekly QN Details'!,T2)> and got an error?

Upvote 0
Sorry, do I put that after the 'Weekly QN Details'!,T2 that's already in the formula?

Upvote 0
Ok lets start again. Find a row in your data that you think satisfies your two conditions. Copy and paste here an exact copy of the line removing anything sensitive.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back