Adjusting for Time Zones Using Results of Checkmark Boxes

HBoyce

Bear with me ... Excel scenarios never seem easy to describe.

Part of my job is to collect data files from clients which are uploaded to our platform. One of the fields on the file template is reserved for the date clients would like a notification email to be sent.

• I'd like to have this field formatted to match ISO 8601 so the notification arrives on the specified day and time
    • YYYY-MM-DDTXX:XX:XX+XX:00
    • Date[COLOR=rgba(51, 51, 51, 0.92)], [/COLOR]time, time zone offset from UTC
      YYYY-MM-DD[COLOR=rgba(51, 51, 51, 0.92)] T [/COLOR]XX:XX:XX[COLOR=rgba(51, 51, 51, 0.92)][/COLOR]+/-XX:00

Sometimes my client contacts need notifications to be sent to different time zones so I'd like them to have the ability to check a box next to the time zone the email should be received in so the time offset is automatically calculated based upon their selection.
Does that make any sense?

Here's a scenario:
John works for company XYZ and needs to make sure employees having a work anniversary in April receive a congratulatory email during business hours on the day of their individual anniversaries. John lives in New York but is submitting a file for employees living in Western Australia. He wonders how to make sure the date format is correct and decides not to worry about it ... he's sure Hboyce will figure it out for him. :)

I'd like a different ending where John looks at the table I've created, finds AWDT, confirms it's correct for employees at this particular plant location and checks the box next to it. Excel uses my table's information that shows AWDT is UTC+9 and makes appropriate adjustments to the information John entered into the spreadsheet.

Is this possible?

To anyone who can save my sanity ... Thank you in advance for your help!!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back