Excel 13 Pivot Filter Cell- Custom length of pivot filter cell that does not affect rest of pivot tbl

Emkretsch

Hi all,
I have what is probably a very basic question, but I cannot seem to find mention of it anywhere here, or even Google.

Is there a way to change the format of a pivot table Filter cell so that it is longer than the cells in the same column below in the table. i.e. Can you merge cells (or use some other way) to allow for a long filter name, without having to have the whole column be just as wide.

I have a pivot table filter list that includes peoples names. Some names are really long. The column below (table data) only includes a single digit number, but when I filter by choosing one of the long names, that whole column currently has to be just as long as the name to show the entire name, even though it may only have a single digit in the table data. So either the name is cut off if the column is sized to fit just the numbers below, or the number is in a really long cell so the filter above will show the whole name.

Can the Pivot table Filter cells be customized for length without affecting the cells below in the same column? TIA :confused:

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
When filtering, you can drag the box out. It will always default to that same width/height.

Upvote 0
Please elaborate...I extended the filter box while I had the filtering selection open. It didn't do anything but lengthen the entire column...? Can you please describe what you mean by dragging the box(?) out?

Upvote 0
What version Excel are you using?

I have the ability to grab the bottom right of the filter box and drag it in any direction. (In Excel 2013)

Upvote 0
Excel 2013 Prof Pro (with power add-ins)- When I hover on the lower right corner of the filter drop down cell to get the black +, I drag to the right adjacent cell & it just copies the text from the filter box into the adjacent cell.

Upvote 0
Select the filter drop-down, then on the selection boxes lower-right hand corner, hover for the diagonal line with arrows on both ends. Click and drag.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back