Search the cell which contains data from range of empty cells

mubashermukhtar

I have data sheet in which i want to put the condition to search the cell which have data in it, all other cells in a range are empty. I am talking about here is condition or formula not the filters
Thanks

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I'm thinking that nobody here understands what you have or what you want. Could you explain it more clearly and perhaps give some examples to help make it clearer?
Perhaps you could even show us a small example what you have and what you want to end up with?
My signature block below has a link with suggestions for how to do that.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking that nobody here understands what you have or what you want. Could you explain it more clearly and perhaps give some examples to help make it clearer?
Perhaps you could even show us a small example what you have and what you want to end up with?
My signature block below has a link with suggestions for how to do that.

ABC
XYZ
here i want to put the condition to search above range and search the cell which have data in it, all other cells are empty except the one

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
1. What range of cells have you shown?

2. What should actually appear in the cell where you have written "here i want to put the condition to search above range and search the cell which have data in it, all other cells are empty except the one"?

Upvote 0
1. What range of cells have you shown?

2. What should actually appear in the cell where you have written "here i want to put the condition to search above range and search the cell which have data in it, all other cells are empty except the one"?
AB
1ABC
2ZYZ
4here i want to put the condition to search above range and search the cell which have data in it, all other cells are empty except the onehere i want to put the condition to search above range and search the cell which have data in it, all other cells are empty except the one

<tbody>
</tbody>

There are 2 columns A and B and there are 4 rows. My range of data is A1:A3, in which all cells are empty except one, similarly 2nd range is B1:B3 in which are cells are empty except one. I just want the formula that find the cell which have data and put in the A4 and B4 cell. I hope it will be cleared now

Upvote 0
I hope it will be cleared now
Yes it is, thanks.
If you have Excel through Office 365, try the A4 formula copied across. In fact, if only 3 cells, that formula could be =A1&A2&A3
If an older version, try the A5 formula (assuming the non-empty cells contain text, like your samples, not numbers)

Excel Workbook
AB
1ABC
2ZYZ
4ABCZYZ
5ABCZYZ
Get value

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it is, thanks.
If you have Excel through Office 365, try the A4 formula copied across. In fact, if only 3 cells, that formula could be =A1&A2&A3
If an older version, try the A5 formula (assuming the non-empty cells contain text, like your samples, not numbers)

Get value

AB
1ABC
2 ZYZ
4ABCZYZ
5ABCZYZ

<colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; "><col style="width:76px;"><col style="width:55px;"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Spreadsheet Formulas
CellFormula
A4=CONCAT(A1:A3)
A5=LOOKUP(REPT("Z",255),A1:A3)

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel tables to the web >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

At last it worked, bundle of thanks....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back