vlookup adapation

PGD15

Board Regular
Hi,

I am writting a vlookup:

=VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE)

This formula currently returns the bottom value in column 29. however i want this formula to return the bottom value that is not equal to zero. so i need to try get a <>0 in somewhere but I cannot figure it out.

Can someone please help :)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi,

I am writting a vlookup:

=VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE)

This formula currently returns the bottom value in column 29. however i want this formula to return the bottom value that is not equal to zero. so i need to try get a <>0 in somewhere but I cannot figure it out.

Can someone please help :)
=IF(VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE)=0,"Do Something",VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE))

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
=IF(VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE)=0,"Do Something",VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE))

Hi, instead of displaying specfic text such as "do something" I want it to return the cell value which is not 0 but at the bottom of the range ....
such as .... the not the yellow cell but the green one. (this is an example not my correct data) https://ibb.co/***c5T

replace the *** for f u k no space just unfortunate name :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
or try ... dont think other link is working:
https://postimg.cc/image/3jz0qw3y9/
3jz0qw3y9

Last edited:
Upvote 0
or try ... dont think other link is working:
https://postimg.cc/image/3jz0qw3y9/
3jz0qw3y9
"Do something is not a text there. It was a message were you :) Do whatever you want :LOL:

Ok, In your case;
=IF(VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE)=0,SMALL(IF('Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$A$154=B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$AC$2:$AC$154),2),VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE))

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Hi, instead of displaying specfic text such as "do something" I want it to return the cell value which is not 0 but at the bottom of the range ....
such as .... the not the yellow cell but the green one. (this is an example not my correct data) https://ibb.co/***c5T

replace the *** for f u k no space just unfortunate name :)
I didn't know that f u k is an offensive word. Usually you need a c to complete the job :biggrin:

Upvote 0
"Do something is not a text there. It was a message were you :) Do whatever you want :LOL:

Ok, In your case;
=IF(VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE)=0,SMALL(IF('Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$A$154=B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$AC$2:$AC$154),2),VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE))

:'( the small returns the smallest value, which is still zero large is the largest. I want the bottom data entry that's not zero. as the values fluctuate I cannot use a min/max/small/large formula which is why im stuck returning the value above the zero.

Upvote 0

Ok, In your case;

Also I was aware about the do something :LOL: i just didnt know what to replace it with to make what I want to happen work

Upvote 0
Also I was aware about the do something :LOL: i just didnt know what to replace it with to make what I want to happen work

Ok lets try this one:
=IF(VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE)=0,=INDEX('Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$A$154,MATCH(TRUE,'Daily Breakdown'!$AC$2:$AC$154>VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE),0)),VLOOKUP(B21,'Daily Breakdown'!$A$2:$AV$154,29,TRUE))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back