How to highlight a specific cell based on value/text/number

Byambadorj

Hi guys,

First of all, please try to forgive me for my bad English as it's not my native language.
eek.gif
confused.gif

You see, I have this excel training spreadsheet where I want to do the following:

1. Highlight both cells (Non-compliant & Complaint columns) with a specific colour (let's just say pink) if it's empty (no date or whatsoever);
2. If there is a date on complaint column (meaning the person attended the courses), then the complaint column turns to a green colour and a non-compliant column turns a standard white colour; - basically if there is no data entered, it's pink and if compliant column has data it turns green and no complaint column is white.
3. If there is a date (let's just say 2018/09/15) then the cell turns yellow because the course is going to expire in less then 3 months

Hope you can make this work and advice on how to solve this in the simplest way possible.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Cross posted https://www.excelforum.com/excel-ge...l-based-on-value-text-number.html#post4936588

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0
Okay noted. But since you do not prohibit, not illegal or against the law of any country, also since the other thread has no helpful response i'll just leave it here as it is until someone can help me?

Upvote 0
Having looked at the files you supplied on EF.
You have a number of cells which use a custom function to count coloured cells.
If you use CF then those formulae/functions will no longer work.

Upvote 0
You would have to change all the functions to formulas based on the Cf criteria.

Upvote 0
I'm afraid formulae are not my strong point & I wouldn't now where to start.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeVol

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back