Help with setting what I think Should be an easy macro

sjoh527

Hello All,

I'm trying to accomplish what I thought would be a fairly simple thing in terms of programming but it seems I've run into a bump. I'm attempting to create a Macro so that with the current active cell I can press my predefined hotkey\shortcut and it will do 3 things. Firstly will add text in the active cell that is hard coded like "Win At". Second it will move one column over then stamp the current date and time and that value will remain now static. 3rd it will now navigate left one column then down one row. My problem is using the =NOW() function it alters every previous cell that was set before. I assume that the issue is whenever a new cell uses the function =NOW() it updates every other cell that is using it. So the solution i'm looking for is how do I grab the current time but then set that cell's value so that it doesn't update when the NOW function is called again? I know that this is probably an easy fix but this is the first time attempting to use VBA in Excel or in general. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sjoh527

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
You said:
Second it will move one column over
Move over what way? Left or right?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back